Thursday, April 13, 2006

Blah, Blah, Blah...

The word random appears in the title of my blog, so this entry will fit well...

Doing taxes brings back memories (nightmares?) of doing algebra problems. Remember how they put the answers to the odd numbered questions in the back of the book? Well, I’d work through a problem, using what to me seemed like perfectly rational, legal, and CORRECT methods. I’d arrive at the answer pretty happy and satisfied. Then I’d flip to the back of the book, and BAM. Wrong answer. Okay, try again. Once more, I’d work through the problem, using DIFFERENT rational, legal, and seemingly correct methods. I’d arrive at my answer pretty happy and satisfied. Then I’d flip to the back of the book, and BAM. Wrong answer again. And so on and so forth. You get the picture. So far, I’ve come up with five equally rational and seemingly correct answers for the Feds. I’m gonna let the latest one percolate over night. See how it looks tomorrow. Too bad there’s nowhere to flip to check your answers.

Today I had one of those optical migraine thingies that I’ve spoken of before. I was telling someone at the office about an article I’d read on the Internet. It said something about it being bad if you had it one eye, but no biggie if in both. I went to find the article again and came across someone’s journal that started with: Two days before I had the aneurysm, I had an optical migraine.

Eek.

Read further…ah…she only had it one eye. Guess I’m safe from aneurysms for a while longer.

Lara Fabian should be way more famous than Celine Dion.

Have you bought your copy of Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer’s book, “Don’t Look Down” yet? Mine came yesterday. I’ve been running around doing the TA-DA thing. Next weekend (not Easter, that would be THIS weekend) I get to say hi to them in person. Yay!

One of the plot threads in Stealing Amy involves illegal immigrant smuggling (notice I use the more politically correct immigrant rather than alien—I mean, they’re NOT from another planet, after all)—I wonder if this will be a good thing? Or bad?

Got a call from an old girlfriend who just sold her house. Part of the proceeds are earmarked for lipo, facelift, and boob job. I told her to book the adjoining bed for me.

I’m going to the gym today. Honest.

No comments: