Thursday, September 07, 2006

Tired of Hearing About My Writing Career?

Not as tired as I am of blogging about it, ha ha ha.

To that end...prepare yourself for another...roadtrip! This time to Big Bear...yes, the mountains! A place where I may actually need (gulp) a SWEATER at night. (For those of you in California, a sweater--pronounced swe' ter-- is a long-sleeved garment, usually made of wool or some other finely woven fabric, worn by people who are...COLD!)

*rubbing hands together*

I can't wait!

Don't even know what we're gonna do up there. Hike? (Yeah, right.) Lay by the pool? (More likely.) Eat, drink, and be merry! (Absolutely!)

(I know, I know. I might just have to leave Jenny at home. She hasn't been very good to me lately. Outside of a couple lapses--minor ones, I stress--over Labor Day weekend, I've been about 95% steadfast and yet still only have five pounds to show for all my sacrifice. Sigh. And it' ain't lookin' good for next weekend (birthday weekend! get those cards and presents ready!)...or a couple after that--nephew's wedding).

Oh, well...sometimes, a girl's just gotta live. Ya know?

Pictures to follow!

P.S. I'm feeling so accomplished. I actually got the oil changed in my car today. So what is UP with that "every 3000 miles" crap? Are they kidding? Personally, I say every 20,000 and you're good to go. Oh, and since my car shuddered every time I did something simple like slow down, I got the brakes fixed (replaced?). Figured the ability to de-accelerate (is that a word?) might come in handy as I race down the mountain.



3 comments:

Larissa Ione said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I want to take a trip! :)

And I'm with you on the oil change thing...

John said...

Maybe you should try to publish the best of Randy's blogs. Better than lots of stuff out there.

Pamela Tyner said...

I was reading this going "Who the h*ll is Jenny, and what did she do to you that makes you want to leave her behind?" DUH! Sometimes it takes me a minute to catch on, lol.