Monday, July 09, 2007

It's Official...

I'm certifiable.

Yep, because I just signed up at Alison Kent's blog, committing myself to writing 4-5 pages a day for the next 70 days. Those of you who've been paying attention know I've been a little, er, stalled lately, so this is just the kinda thing I need to get off the dime. Or, to be more specific, off that paragraph/page/scene/chapter I've been writing for the last...what...three months???

Hey, I even came up with a tentative title (which I know must thrill you to death since even I've grown weary of calling it the "untitled NaNo WIP.") So...drum roll, please...Now here this: I'll be finished with "Deconstructing Daphne" by September.

Woo Hoo! Great news, huh?

I'm unacquainted with Ms. Kent, but I met two of her cronies--Larissa Ione and Stephanie Tyler last year. And, if they're at the same party again this year...or if I run into them in a workshop or at a lunch this week in Dallas...they'd better watch out! (Oh, and I blame Diana Peterfreund for bringing this challenge to my attention.)

Now, I'm sure you're thinking, but Randy...how can you embark on a writing frenzy just as you're leaving for Dallas?? (Good question.) The answer is that Alison actually made it a 75 day challenge to allow us Dallas-goers some leeway.

Whew. Especially since I'm already a day behind. Ooh, and what with packing tonight (yes, I haven't packed a thing yet, and my plane leaves at 8:15 tomorrow morning), it's gonna be a bit rough making my page count today.
BUT I WILL.

That's what happens when you publicly out yourself with goals like these.

Stay tuned.....

No comments: