Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Soooo Forgetful

Still waiting for that craft post? The one where I'll reveal THE WORD? (Okay, let's not be dramatic.) Yeah, me too. Waiting for it, that is. And trust me, the minute I remember to bring my notes to the office, I'll spew.

In the meantime, let's return to the mystery picture, shall we?



Those who've never done the RWA National conference thing may not know it, but the prep involved is monumental. I mean, there's the business-y stuff like getting cards made, making airline reservations, arranging the shuttle...but please don't think that's the end of it. Oh, no. There's also whipping YOURSELF into shape. Yep. It's all about updating the weave, snagging new outfits, locating the PERFECT shoes, and...and...um...well...in the case of the above pictured author, having FAKE TOENAILS APPLIED.

Yes, now it can be revealed. Those are feet of author Jacqui Jacoby and apparently two of her toenails fell off (?) so she had acrylics put on. Ah...what we writers go through for our art.


Speaking of Jacqui, I learned something important from her at this conference. And, that is...when posing for a picture...POSE BIG.

This is me, trying out her advice...and...omigod, is that a cigarette in my hand? Where'd that come from? Someone must have photo-shopped it in.

No comments: