Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Picture

So, Finally. The picture loaded from my cell phone. That's what I slept with last night, and keep in mind I couldn't get a wide shot.
In other news, I guess the RWA board has handed down its decisions on deliberations important to us guys. I'm not too politically minded when it comes to this stuff, but at first glance, it looks to me like they did a pretty good job taking everyone's input into consideration. On the other hand, on one of the writers' loops I'm on, I noticed some dissatisfaction. Maybe I'll blog about that later when I have more time. Funny thing at this point? There was absolutely NO BUZZ about the decisions here at the conference level. We're the last to know??
The night in a nutshell....um...let's see...where did we go??? Literacy signing was the first stop. Always an AMAZING sight. Picture a huge ballroom with nothing but rows and rows of romance authors--some big, some not-so-big. Personally, I feel so awful walking up the rows where authors look so lonely....so I made a beeline for people I know...saw my friend and awesome talent Janet Mullaney who's always great for a laugh....checked in with Larissa Ione and Stephanie Tyler and bitched to them about signing up for the writing challenge...got a chance to chat with former crit member Melissa Schroeder....
Later went to the Chick Lit chapter party. Maybe I just arrived too late....I ducked out for a cigarette, got tied up with a gal from the other conference that's here (CABI clothes lady)...heard about her 14-year old daughter and 2-month old granddaughter (HELLO! Interesting story)...and by the time I got back to the chick lit chapter party, Elizabeth and Brooke and left and caught me in the lobby...so we went up to the Reunion Tower lounge which overlooks the whole entire city and if I'd managed to take a good picture from there, I would be posting it here....anyway, that's where I LOST MY CONFERENCE BADGE. Not sure what to do about it yet. It, apparently, just FELL OFF. I KNOW I didn't take it off.
Crap.
Oh, well...I'll deal with it tomorrow. The main thing is, I'd hate to lose all my fabu pins (sniff, sniff).
More tomorrow. Sorry this is so discombobulated.

No comments: